NY State Update 4/8/2020
April 09, 2020
- Flags Will Remain Lowered While New York is on PAUSE
- Kosciuszko Bridge, Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge, Spire of One World Trade Center and LaGuardia Airport Parking Garages Will Be Lit Blue on Thursday, April 9th as Part of the #LightItBlue Campaign
- Announces SUNY Albany President Havidan Rodriguez Will Work with State Department of Health and Northwell Health to Conduct More COVID-19 Data Research and Increase Testing in Minority Communities
- Directs State Department of Labor to Make $600 in Additional Weekly Unemployment Benefits Available to All New Yorkers -- Extends Period Covered by Unemployment Benefits for Another 13 Weeks, for Total of 39 Weeks
- Governor Will Issue Executive Order to Ensure New Yorkers Can Vote Absentee in the June 23rd Primary Elections
- 2,400 Brand New BiPAP Machines Donated to the State by Mercury Medical, Flown to New York from Florida for Free by JetBlue and Transported on the Ground by Southern Glazer's
- Announces Delta, JetBlue and United are Offering Free Travel to New York for COVID-19 Medical Workers
- State Has Distributed Over One Million Free Bottles of NYS Clean Hand Sanitizer Across All 62 Counties
- Confirms 10,453 Additional Coronavirus Cases in New York State - Bringing Statewide Total to 149,316; New Cases in 52 Counties
- Manufacturing Grants 2020 (COVID-19 Manufacturing Grant): The COVID-19 Manufacturing Grants are designed to aid existing New York State small to medium-sized manufacturing companies that can meet prevailing FDA requirements and can quickly accelerate production of personal protective equipment and respiratory care equipment that has been depleted due to the COVID-19 outbreak. These grants serve as a resource to assist manufacturers with increasing capacity in current operations as well as to pivot production in an effort to build and assemble these critical need items: specifically, N95 respirators and ventilators. Applications are due Friday, April 17th, 4PM EST.
- The Women’s Enterprise Development Center has established a COVID-19 resources page which can be found here.