Granite Associates, Liberty, NY, is seeking an Arborist Assistant to assist in the care and maintenance of orchards, gardens, shrub and trees of a private estate and all other locations as deemed necessary in the course of business.
Duties include :
- Assist in Landscape projects and supporting Master Arborist implement remediation and maintenance programs.
- Assist in the diagnosis, identification and treatment of diseases and insects of annuals, perennials, woody shrubs, trees, small fruits, vegetables, interior plants and fruit trees.
- Under the direction and coordination of the Master Arborist:
- Assist with the Implementation, application and continuous refinement of IPM program that monitors and treats disease and insect problems with trees, fruit trees, shrubs, and interior plants.
- Maintain and prune shrubs and trees.
- Assist with removal of unwanted, dying and dead trees.
- Assist and participates in new plantings in landscaped areas.
- Assist & participates in the planting and maintenance of nurseries and storage areas.
- Assist & participates in the growing, maintenance and harvesting of vegetable gardens.
- Assist & participates in the growing, maintenance and harvesting of fruit tress
- Assist & participates in the growing, maintenance and harvesting of small fruits, berries and nuts.
- Assist & participates in the operation, maintenance and growing of plant material in the greenhouses, including disease and insect diagnosis and its treatment.
- Assist & participates in the watering program for new and established plantings.
- Organizes, participates and monitors storage of fruits and vegetables.
- Distributes fruits and vegetables as required to residence and corporate office.
- Interact with and assist contractors on major plantings and other projects.
- Maintain daily/weekly/monthly log
- Maintain pesticide records and WPS records
- All other responsibilities as assigned
** Primary COVID-19 Vaccine required **
- Background: Arboriculture, forestry, horticulture, with associated business aspects
- Minimum 5 years’ experience preferred.
- ISA Certified Arborist preferred.
- Valid driver license required.
- Certified Pesticide Applicator.
- Must have solid knowledge of plants and insects and diseases.
- Must have solid knowledge of horticultural, arboriculture, & forestry practices.
- Understanding of irrigation systems and their operation and repair.
- Must be available and ready to work on time as scheduled.
- Must be ready to work in all types of weather.
- Ability to be diplomatic, patient and be able to “think on your feet”.
- Proper care of company equipment/vehicles
- Conducts self in a respectable, responsible, and courteous manner.
Granite Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Agency and will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.