Qualified Intellectual Disability Professionals (QIDP) Service Coordinator
Qualifications: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a Human Service concentration with one year’s practical experience working with people with developmental disabilities. Must possess a valid NYS driver’s license and must be insurable under New Hope’s insurance regulations.
Reports to: Director of Compliance and Quality Improvement
- Develop and maintain the CFA as needed along with completion of monthly monitoring notes documenting changes.
- Work as part of a team to identify needs and potential skill development areas and oversee the development of goals and objectives to address those areas. Assist in monitoring, assessing and modifying those goals and objectives.
- Act as a liaison between each individual, his or her service providers, and families, and maintain documentation of all contacts. Promote self-advocacy and encourage each individual to put into action his or her person-centered plan to the greatest extent possible.
- Ensure completion of all paperwork for admissions and discharges as stipulated within the admission/discharge manual and as specified by direct supervisor.
- Oversee the fulfillment of necessary and regulatory evaluations and assessments for each admission, transfer or discharge.
- Ensure maintenance of benefits (SSA, Medicaid, etc.)
- Ensure that individuals are made aware and understand, to the greatest extent possible, their rights and responsibilities.
- Maintain regular contact with each individual, through home visits and vocational /employment program sites.
- Maintain required trainings and documentation as required on the various
systems and logs provided.
1. Gather information and recommendations from all persons and agencies who assist the individuals on their caseload.
2. Attend core meetings and team meetings.
3. Oversee that there is consistency and integration of service provision across all disciplines.
4. Maintain a clinical record on each individual.
5. Periodically make observations of each individual’s home and document and report those observations to the appropriate persons, ensuring follow-up when it is necessary.
6. Participate in the staff in-service training programs as required.
7. Attend all necessary meetings and perform other duties that are deemed necessary by the Supervisor.