Qualifications: The position requires a minimum AS Degree in Accounting and/or minimum of 2 years of experience in the accounting field. Experience in payroll and accounts payable is desired. The candidate must be able to accurately maintain financial records, prepare, enter and analyze financial data. Computer skills including the ability to prepare spreadsheets, word processing and e-mail are essential to this position. Candidate must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
Reports to: Comptroller
- Serves as a backup to Payroll Bookkeeper
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciles general ledger accounts
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepares and analyzes monthly and quarterly reports and schedules
- Assists in preparation and review of financial statements
- Maintains fixed assets records and schedules
- Involvement in several projects and tasks with regularly varying priorities and developing concerns.
- Participate in training as required on an ongoing basis
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Provide administrative support in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations
- Performs any and all additional functions as requested by the supervisor.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Occasional bending and squatting
- Potential for exposure to blood and bodily fluids
- Prolonged sitting
- Frequent computer work